The Kendall Square Association is made up of more than 150 organizations across Kendall Square. From major employers like MIT, Takeda, Biogen, Novartis, Google, and Broad Institute to local non-profit organizations, independent restaurants, retailers, research institutions, and startups, KSA represents the entire Kendall ecosystem.
Our mission has always been to build partnerships, host events, advocate for public policy issues, and tell Kendall’s story of transformation from an industrial center to a global innovation hub. The KSA seeks to deliver value for our member organizations and the larger community through programming, events, policy work, collaboration, advocacy and opportunities to develop and diversify Kendall’s workforce. And, the KSA offers an array of community-based activities to meet up, network, inform, learn and share ideas, or simply have fun!
The Operations and Programming Associate will split their time between operational work and programmatic support. The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, a creative problem solver and solutions-oriented. They relish planning and execution and are excited to help create and sustain a positive and productive culture. This is an individual contributor role and doesn’t include managerial responsibilities.
- Track invoices for member dues and programming/events
- Manage Member Renewal Campaign
- Manage accounts, subscriptions and vendors
- Order office supplies, support staff with other administrative tasks
- Calendar management
- Support current and prospective members
- Plan and execute discrete and recurring events
- Develop and manage event- and programming-related RSVP process, reminders and calendaring
- Create and analyze feedback loops to determine success of programming and identify opportunities for future programming and member engagement
- Demonstrated ability to self-start and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- Strong writer
- Loves the details
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to attend occasional events early in the morning or in the evening (typically 1-2x/month)
- Comfort using Google suite and Zoom meeting/webinar
Full-time, salaried position $45,000 – $55,000, depending on experience, and eligible for bonus based on individual and organizational performance.
Robust benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance
- 20 vacation days; 13 paid holidays
- 401K retirement plan, with up to 6% company match
- Monthly IT and transportation reimbursement
- Short and long-term disability insurance
In addition, there are many intangible benefits of working in our centrally located office – a three minute walk from the Kendall T stop, a Blue Bike station 20 meters away, and a two minute walk to the riverfront – all within a bustling community of the world’s leading researchers, engineers, and scientists.
This position reports to the Director of Programming. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with one PDF document (no more than 6 pages) that includes:
- Cover letter
This job description was posted on April 15, 2021. The ideal start date for this position is on or before June 1, 2022.
Disclaimer: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.