Tips and Tricks for Startups Spinning Out of Universities
Join us for a hybrid event taking place in person and virtually!
Tech transfer offices (TTOs) bridge the divide between the market and innovators at universities, hospitals, and non-profit organizations. TTOs help protect early innovation discovered by students and researchers and aid in subsequent commercialization efforts. For start-ups just starting out at universities, knowing exactly how and when to approach a TTO with a new idea can be challenging to navigate.
Based on deep experience in this field, our panel of experts will discuss IP best practices and strategies for startups spinning out of universities. This event will help innovators and universities develop win-win strategies for technology transfer and patent monetization answering questions such as:
• Does an invention need to be disclosed to a university tech transfer office?
• Why does differentiating between inventorship, authorship, and ownership matter?
• How can universities and students negotiate licensing rights that lead to successful outcomes?
• How can inventors and tech transfer offices use patents to commercialize innovation?
• What are ways in which universities foster an ecosystem of innovation and collaboration?
In Person Event will be held at:
Caldwell Intellectual Property Law
200 Clarendon, 59th Fl
Boston, MA 02116