Inclusion Drives Innovation is a twelve-week professional development program designed by and for Kendall Square Association members focused on building anti-racist organizations, understanding cultural and social identity, unpacking bias, microaggressions, allyship, and leading across differences. Inclusion Drives Innovation will empower participants to expedite the rate of change in their organizations by fostering collaboration and peer accountability, highlighting bright spots, and creating a forum to share best practices. Building on two years of insights drawn from the KSA Diversity Equity and Inclusion learning community, Inclusion Drives Innovation focuses on addressing racism as the critical starting point that enables change. KSA has developed Inclusion Drives Innovation in collaboration with She+ Geeks Out and a host committee of 12 Kendall organizations. This program will be entirely virtual, leveraging digital platforms to create a community, even when participants need to maintain physical distance.
What to Expect
Inclusion Drives Innovation is an entirely virtual program; learning will take place via Zoom. Expect to interact with facilitators and peers as you tackle each topic. When you enroll, you will be assigned to a cohort of no more than 20 other program participants.
Every other week, you will meet with your cohort to apply learning from previous sessions. This peer led cohort experience is a hallmark of Inclusion Drives Innovation and will foster collaboration and accountability. She+ Geeks Out facilitated sessions will be two hours and cohort meetings will be 90 minutes. Plan to spend at least 30 minutes preparing for each session. Total time commitment for Inclusion Drives Innovation is approximately 24 hours.
What will I learn?
- How to effectively create impact within your organization through systems and process change
- Understand and articulate language associated with diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Become more comfortable with and honest about your role in the systems that oppress marginalized people
- Create a peer network for support and shared learning
- Become actively anti-racist
Who Will be There
Inclusion Drives Innovation is for people who are ready to deepen their knowledge of anti-racism, committed to taking action, and are motivated by driving impact. We encourage multiple employees from each member organization to participate to create a team of change agents. All employees will benefit from this program, however, senior leaders who are empowered to create impact will derive the most benefit. Participants might come from the following fields:
- Executive Leadership
- Human Resources
- People Management
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Affinity group leaders
The Fall 2020 cohort kicks off October 6 and will convene every week through December 16. Below is a schedule of program sessions and topics. Between sessions, participants will meet in their cohort to explore themes and apply learning. Enrollment closes on September 23. Participants should plan to attend all sessions.
- October 6: Foundations of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- October 21: Unpacking Bias & the Roots of Racism
- November 3: Skills for Managing Microaggressions & Building Allyship
- November 17: Using an Anti-Racist Framework to Support Inclusive Culture
- December 1: Leading Across Change
- December 15: Moving From Understanding to Action
The participation fee for this program is $2,000 per person. Groups of four or more from a particular organization receive a 10% discount. Capacity for this program is limited to 300 people. Be sure to reserve your seats before the enrollment deadline on September 23.
Because we must limit participation to ensure a high quality program, we cannot offer full refunds after an individual has enrolled.
- KSA will grant a 50% refund for cancellations received by September 18. No refund will be granted for cancellations received after that time.
- Organizations may replace an individual who needs to cancel with a different individual from the same organization for no fee prior to the program start date.
- Organizations may choose to defer participant enrollment to the 2021 program. The dates for this program are TBA.
- 10% bulk discounts will only be applied to participants who are enrolled in the same session.
Do you need additional information? Contact Carolyn Willander, Manager of Member Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.