In this section:
- What to Expect
- Time Commitment
- SHRM Certification and PDC Points
- Session Information
- How You’ll Engage
- Who Will be There
- Refund Policy
This ten-week SHRM certified professional development program is designed with Kendall Square Association members in mind. The program focuses on building anti-racist organizations by providing foundational learning to individuals and guiding a team through equity-centered action planning.
Inclusion Drives Innovation (IDI) participants receive:
- A dynamic experience for teams to learn and collaborate together. The IDI experience focuses on the individual and the team, increasing individual and team capacity, providing each participant with a strong foundation in anti-racism. This work fosters personal growth, builds awareness of oppressive systems, and pushes participants to practice disrupting them.
- Effective training and culture building for staff at any level of your organization. The IDI experience is collaborative, with networking spaces that promote learning and the sharing of experiences across roles and companies.
- Access to a large and purpose-driven alumni community. IDI alumni – 300+ employees from 45+ organizations – convene regularly, share resources and best practices, and support each other in pushing this critical work forward.
98% of participants felt satisfied or delightfully satisfied with this course.
90% of graduates reported feeling more confident in both having anti-racist conversations in the workplace and in their ability to implement anti-racist action items.
What to Expect
The IDI experience centers on individual and team capacity building. The program is entirely virtual; learning takes place via Zoom. Participants can expect to:
- Increase individual capacity, providing each participant with a strong foundation in antiracism, which leads to personal growth and awareness of oppressive systems.
- Build collective capacity, equipping teams with frameworks to analyze their own organization and the time, space, and support necessary to craft anti-racist action plans.
- Expand professional networks in spaces that promote learning and the sharing of experiences across roles and companies.
Inclusion Drives Innovation has two parts:
- Part I: Your personal anti-racist learning journey
- Part II: Action planning and developing best practices for your organization
Time Commitment – 30 hours total
- The program will meet once a week for 10 weeks.
- Each session is two hours long.
- Participants complete homework between sessions. These readings, reflections, and conversations take 45 minutes on average each week.
SHRM Certification and PDC Points
Inclusion Drives Innovation is a SHRM certified professional development course. Twenty (20) PDC points are earned upon successful completion.
Session Dates and Course Content
This program kicks off on March 30. It meets every Wednesday, from 10AM – 12PM. The last session is on June 8th. (Note: there is no session on April 20th.)
Course content covers the following topics:
- Foundations of DEI and Racial Equity Work
- Identity, Power, and Privilege
- Socialization, Bias, and Roots of Racism
- Addressing Racism and Practicing Allyship
- Using an Anti-Racist Framework to Support Inclusive Culture
- Moving From Understanding to Action
How You’ll Engage
The IDI experience is collaborative, with networking spaces that promote learning and the sharing of experiences across job functions and sectors. Participants spend time in breakout groups, organized by seniority level and function, and working groups, which focus on developing an action plan for their organization.
Who Will Be There
IDI is effective for staff at any level of the organization. The IDI experience is collaborative, with networking spaces that promote learning and the sharing of experiences across job functions and sectors. We encourage multiple employees from your organization to participate to create shared language, insights, and action plans.
- KSA member organizations: $2,000 per person
- Non-member organizations: $3,000 per person
Seating is limited. Groups of four or more from a particular organization receive a 10% discount. For nonprofit pricing, please reach out for more information on reduced rate participation. Be sure to reserve your seats before the March 16 enrollment deadline.
Because we must limit participation to ensure a high quality program, we cannot offer full refunds after an individual has enrolled.
- KSA will grant a 50% refund for cancellations received by February 28. No refund will be granted for cancellations received after that time.
- Organizations may replace an individual who needs to cancel with a different individual from the same organization for no fee prior to the program start date.
- Organizations may choose to defer participant enrollment to the next program offered. The dates for this program are Sept 14 – Nov 16.
- 10% bulk discounts will only be applied to participants who are enrolled in the same session.
Do you need additional information?
Contact Yuqi (yu-shi) Wang, Senior Manager of Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org.